This Privacy Notice describes what information we collect about you, why we collect that information, how we may use that information, and the steps we take to ensure that it is kept secure. This notice may be amended from time to time and new versions will be published on our website which can be found at: https://www.logixal.co.uk/
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This Privacy Notice is issued by Logixal Document Solutions Limited (“Logixal”). Logixal provides managed print services, hardware, software and cyber security solutions to a multitude of sectors.
Logixal is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Law”) and will process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Law.
Logixal is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number: ICO ZA754389
We have appointed who a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below:
NAME: Mandeep Kandola
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following types of personal data:
a. Identity Data such as your first, middle and last names;
b. Contact Data such as your personal email address, work email address, personal phone number, and work phone number;
c. Professional Data such as your employment status, employer, role details;
d. Technical Data including online identifiers such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of device you use, mobile network information, browser information, operating system, server logs, language;
e. Profile Data including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
f. Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences; and
g. Details of services provided by Logixal to you and/or your employer.
The above list is not exhaustive, and Logixal may also collect and process other types of data to the extent that this is considered necessary for our compliance with legislative requirements.
4. SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA AND CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
Logixal does not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
5. HOW DOES LOGIXAL COLLECT DATA?
1. Information you give us. This is information (including Identity, Contact and Marketing and Communications Data) you consent to giving us by filling in forms on the Logixal website, or by corresponding with us. This includes information you provide when you access the Logixal website, when you report a problem with the Logixal website or when you sign up to a Logixal mailing list.
2. Information collected through your communications. We collect the content of all communications between yourself and us. This may include the recording of any calls, email conversations or other communications.
3. Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit the Logixal website we will automatically collect technical data and usage data. We collect this data using cookies and other similar technologies.
4. Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including third party partners of Logixal.
We also work with third parties (including, for example business partners, sub-contractors in services, search information providers or email marketing providers) and we may receive certain information about you from them.
7. HOW DOES LOGIXAL USE PERSONAL DATA?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, and this will be determined by the purpose for which your personal information is processed. We use and collect personal data on the basis of:
a. Consent: we will obtain your consent to use your personal data wherever necessary;
b. Contractual necessity: to enter or perform a contract with you or any contracting entity;
c. Legitimate Interest: we will use your personal data where we have a legitimate interest, this is where we use your personal data in a way that you would reasonably expect including improving the Logixal services; or
d. Obligation: where we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
1. CONTRACTUAL NECESSITY
a. We may process your information during the provision of services or communications with you. This may include:
i. your use of the Logixal website;
ii. maintaining and managing our relationships with you and for ongoing customer service;
iii. job applications sent to Logixal;
iv. communications with you regarding Logixal, through any forum; and
v. delivery of marketing and promotional offers and notification of partner events.
2. LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
a. Logixal will process personal data to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
b. Logixal will process personal data to comply with and enforce agreements with third parties.
3. LEGITIMATE INTERESTS OF LOGIXAL
a. Logixal will process your personal data where it is necessary for us to:
i. manage our risks and determine what services we can offer and the terms of those services;
ii. conducting background checks;
iii. administering your account with us;
iv. develop, test, monitor and review the performance of services, internal systems and security arrangements offered by Logixal;
v. provide staff training;
vi. analyse your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable improvement of our site and your experience including development of user experience;
vii. provide you with access to our corporate literature and information about our services;
viii. prevent and detect fraud or abuse; and
ix. enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, and other functions on our behalf.
8. WITH WHOM DOES LOGIXAL SHARE YOUR DATA?
1. Logixal does not, generally, share personal information with third parties. However, personal information may be shared with third parties where one of the following circumstances applies:
a. You have consented to us doing so;
b. We are under a legal or regulatory obligation to disclose your personal information, or in order to perform or enforce a contract with you, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Logixal or Logixal’s customers or others;
c. Logixal, or substantially all of Logixal’s assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets; or
d. We are using third party service to provide services that involve data processing or data storage.
2. The following are potential recipients of your personal data:
a. service providers such as lawyers, accountants, banks, investment managers security consultants, sales agents who provide services to Logixal, where disclosure is necessary for the provision of those services;
b. sub-contractors, agents or service providers to Logixal and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
c. courts or tribunals;
d. regulators, registrars or other governmental or supervisory bodies with a legal right to the data or where necessary to fulfil Logixal’s legal and/or regulatory obligations;
e. law enforcement agencies where disclosure is necessary for Logixal or its subsidiaries to fulfil their legal and/or regulatory obligations; and
f. intermediaries, including fiduciary agents, escrow agents, custody providers.
9. THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS WHO USE THE DATA
1. Where another company or individual performs any function on Logixal’s behalf or provides services to Logixal, that third party will have access to personal data needed to perform their function, but they may not use it for other purposes.
2. Such functions include administrative, computer, data processing, screening, and marketing services. Such third parties must process the personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws.
3. Logixal does not allow third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. Logixal only permits them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
4. Logixal will seek to enter into an agreement with each third party setting out the respective obligations of each party, to ensure they process personal data with the same level of security and confidentiality as Logixal and to be reasonably satisfied that the third party has measures in place to protect data against unauthorised or accidental use, access, disclosure, damage loss or destruction.
5. If authorised by you, Logixal will disclose your data to any third party that you request. Logixal is not responsible for any such third party’s use of your data, which will be governed by their agreement with you.
6. The personal data that Logixal holds will be used and stored principally in the United Kingdom.
7. Logixal may disclose or transfer personal data to third parties, or store information, outside of the United Kingdom. When Logixal discloses data to third parties to satisfy the purposes outlined above, the third parties generally use and store personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA).
8. Wherever Logixal transfers personal information outside the United Kingdom, we will take legally required steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect it. You may contact us for an explanation of the basis on which we have transferred your personal information and, where relevant, to request a copy of the legal safeguards we have put in place.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Logixal will process and store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Logixal will endeavour to delete any personal data where it is not necessary for it to be held. Logixal will continue to store your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil legal, regulatory, contractual or statutory obligations, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and in general where Logixal has a legitimate interest in doing so.
11. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Logixal regards the lawful and appropriate treatment of your personal data as fundamental to our successful operation. In fulfilling this objective, Logixal will:
a. ensure that your personal data is not used for any purposes that is incompatible with this Privacy Notice;
b. ensure that any processing of your personal data is fair and transparent and sufficient for the uses set out above;
c. endeavour to keep your personal data up to date;
d. retain your personal data for no longer than necessary;
e. ensure that our staff are trained to handle personal data appropriately and securely; and
f. implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to:
i. enable inaccuracies to be corrected and minimise the risk of errors;
ii. secure personal data appropriately; and
iii. protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful access or processing and against accidental loss or destruction.
The transmission of information via the internet is, unfortunately, not completely secure. Although Logixal will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
1. You have the following rights:
a. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
b. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
c. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
d. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which means you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
e. Right to data portability – you have the right to request that a copy of the personal data that Logixal holds about you is sent to another entity, or to you.
f. Right to object to direct marketing – you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes by Logixal. We will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for any marketing purpose.
g. Right to withdraw consent - where the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us.
2. Rights relating to the use of automated decision making and profiling systems based on personal data -
Logixal does not currently make decisions by purely automated means, but should we do so, you have the right to object.
13. RIGHT TO REQUEST THAT LOGIXAL RESTRICTS THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. You have the right to ask Logixal to restrict the processing of your personal data where:
a. you contest the accuracy of the personal data held by Logixal;
b. the processing is unlawful, but you objected to the deletion of the personal data and requested that the use be restricted instead;
c. Logixal no longer needs the personal data for the processing purpose, but you require them for legal reasons; or
d. you objected to processing and Logixal is investigating whether there are legitimate grounds to override your objection.
14. CONTACTING US
If you do not wish to receive email or other mail from Logixal or for Logixal to use personal data that we gather, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. If you contact us in relation to your rights, we will do our best to accommodate your request or objection.
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change at email@example.com (or via your usual contact). If you have any questions, concerns or complaints with respect to this Privacy Notice, the way Logixal is handling your data or have any other queries or concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at Office C, Gainsborough Studios South, 1 Poole Street, London, N1 5EA
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk)